Thursday 7 January 2016

Baking Cookies

Hi,
I have always had a passion for baking... I can't say I'm good at it! But I enjoy it and thats all that matters. I have had a few burnt things and incidents but I like to put them behind me ;) If your the same- does it matter if you're not good at it?! As long as you enjoy it, thats all that matters. For me, baking is thing I do on my own as like a quiet thing on my own. Its basically a hobby, kinda an escape from life sometimes. Although, I can't say its always relaxing as if things go wrong that is very irritating or you don't have the right ingredients or if it doesn't go to plan. Trust me I know! :) Yes, things can go wrong but its so nice to experiment and plug in your headphones listen to some Justin Beiber or whatever music you listen to, and its like your in a whole world of your own. Sometimes you do find me dancing around when I'm putting all the ingredients back or something. I just find it really enjoyable.
Recently I've been trying different recipes not just the common cakes, biscuits and cupcakes, but I'll share with you some of those in a different post, but for now I thought I'd share with you the classic Gingerbread cookies/biscuits. I found this recipe through my friend as she always makes these and they always taste amazing, hers are always loads better than mine, but I have a try!
Here are the cookies/biscuits recipe... (I never know which one!) :)



Ingredients
340g Plain Flour
175g Soft Brown Sugar
115g Butter
1 egg
4tablespoons Golden Syrup
2teaspoons Ground Ginger
1teaspoon Bicarbonate Of Soda

1. Set oven to 190c and set up trays with butter or baking sheet or other
2. Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan
3. Sift in the flour. ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, add syrup mixture, add egg
4. Mix together, form a ball (if too dry add a bit of water)
5. Place in the fridge for 10minutes
6. Roll out dough, to about half a centremetre so very thin and cut out shapes.
7. Place biscuits onto the baking tray
8. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes. Keep checking just incase they burn.
9. Place them on a wire rack to cool.

I hope you enjoyed this post.
The biscuits actually turn out really nice.
I shall see you on Tuesday at 8:30pm British Time.
See you soon
Mi x




4 comments:

  1. Ooo looks super fun to make, thanks for sharing. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so delicious!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales


    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's amazing that you make them from scratch. Good for you! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete